Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday

So this proved to be perhaps the worst week to do this "cleanse". Yet again, I ended up working away from home which made lunch difficult. I didn't know exactly where I was going to be during the lunch hour so once again, I left the tupperware of rice and beans at home. Then, a colleague who so graciously wanted to thank me for my help asked if she could take me out for lunch.

"Sure!" (I never, ever refuse lunch). "Where?"

"Do you like curry?" she asked.

How could I refuse? Again, curry isn't exactly following the plain rice/beans/veggie formula I'm supposed to have for lunch, nor is it on my cheat list. However, I rationalized that it could be much worse. So off we went.

My colleague ended up ordering for us and I was only half listening when she asked if I wanted Thai sweet tea. I honestly just heard "tea" so I agreed.

Holy sweetness. How have I missed this my life and when can I have more? Even she remarked how I was sucking that glass of sweet tea down.

Needless to say, the whole lunch was delicious but I knew that I was screwing up my day. To make up for it, I grabbed my grubby clothes after work and headed straight to the gym. An hour later, on some sort of endorphin induced high, I rejoiced in the realization that I wasn't really craving any sweets at all. Yah! Having just had a good work out, however, I was very much craving salt. Normally, I go straight for the Wheat-Thins. (I know, I know but it's my one super processed addiction.) Instead of the crackers, I just added a bit more soy sauce to my veggies and rice. Almost immediately following my dinner, I regretted my choice. I wanted nothing more than to balance the taste of salt with a dose of something sweet. Oh, oh.

I went to my usual stash of apricots and almonds. I'm not sure if it was due to my work out or due to my boredom with this snack but I ended up munching on way more of those buggers before bed than I had intended. Oops.

Can tomorrow be a do-over please? (Sigh.)


No comments: