Monday, May 9, 2011

Operation Sugarless, Day #1

So not a total failure. Actually, I didn't go beyond my cheats so I guess I'll consider it a quasi-successful day. Here's how the day went:

Woke up with terrific shoulder pain due to sleeping on the couch. (Not sure what I am more obsessed with at the moment, this diet or the cat pee issue. Furthermore, I hate that the I just used the words "diet" and "cat pee" in the same sentence. Ick.)

7am: Oatmeal with blueberries along with coffee for breakfast. (Coffee is supposed to be a no-no but quite frankly, if there is one thing in this world I will proclaim a steadfast allegiance to, it's my morning dark roast. Just try to pry it out of my hands.)

10:00am: Pear with a few almonds.

11:30am: I decide that the weather's crap, my diet's painfully boring already, and that I therefore, deserve to go out for lunch. I pick a neighborhood cafe I've been meaning to try. I check out the menu online first and decide that their veggie chili will be perfect.

12:30pm: Arrive at cute, local lunch joint and am greeted by a mercilessly packed pastry case as soon as I walk in. When the waitress asks me what I'd like to try, I consider bashing my head against the glass case. Instead, I sit down, eat my chili and later walk out without crying. I am so proud. But then I realize two hours later, the chili wasn't enough.

1:30pm: Gum. (Sigh.)

3:00pm. See, the chili wasn't beany enough. Delicious but more veg than bean and a person needs protein to get through the day. So I have some carrots and hummus. Oh, and my ginger tea.

5:00pm: More gum. With sugar or sugarless, afternoons are rough.

6:30pm: Rice and veggies. Ginger tea afterward.

9:00pm: Handful of dried apricots and a couple of almonds.

So not so bad really. I really wish I could've done without the gum but maybe I can make that tomorrow's goal. Speaking of, tomorrow will be a bit rough because I have a commitment over the lunch hour. What's a girl to do? Not sure yet. Will report back.

Oh, and another part of this "cleanse" involves getting adequate sleep so off...I...go. Zzzz...

No comments: