Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day #2, No Gum!

But a beer instead.

Okay, I'm not totally proud of that but let me tell you, this is way more about cutting out sugary foods than anything else. One measly PBR doesn't really bother me.

So the day went pretty well. This, despite being in an office environment for part of the day where a loaf of homemade cinnamon raisin bread and chocolate cake taunted me in the break room down the hall. I had a commitment over the lunch hour which meant eating out, something I hated to do. However, I was able to find a salad with tuna to at least meet the veggie and protein requirement. Despite a non gluten lunch, I still got pretty tired in the afternoon. I'm not sure what this was about.

Snacks were again, a few dried apricots, almonds and an apple. For dinner, the standard one cup of rice, two cups of veggies. Then there was that late evening beer. (Spring has finally sprung in Wisconsin, people. It was a perfect night for a beer with friends!)

Amazingly, I don't feel the urge to tear open into that box of Thin Mints in the cupboard. Maybe that will hit me tomorrow? I'm not sure but I'm happy with this one day at a time thing. Here's hoping to another successful day!

No comments: