Thursday, May 12, 2011

Damn Pizza

Today I woke up with every intention of having a better day. For the most part, I did. I was very busy and didn't have time to think about my cravings all that much. But when I finally collapsed on the couch tonight with my my pile of mail, I found a stack of ads and coupons for every single pizza joint within a ten mile radius. I should also mention that both yesterday and today, I again found myself in off-site work settings where the employees at each place happened to be having pizza parties. Suddenly, I wanted nothing more than to ditch my rice and beans for that greasy cheesy, tomatoey bread. But I didn't. I was pretty darn good actually.

But for some reason, after dinner tonight, my sweet tooth really started to whimper. The boredom I was feeling about the dried fruit was starting to make me insane and wreak havoc on my digestive system. I found that it wasn't so hard for me to get past it during the day. I could finish my lunch with no huge desire to round out the meal with a piece of chocolate. By mid afternoon when the sugar levels were falling, I'd crave an apple immensely but nothing more. And quite frankly, I'm amazed by how satisfying that crisp apple has been.

Yet for some reason, the end of today was different. I broke and tossed a handful of granola in my mouth. I had made the granola myself the week before so I knew there wasn't a ton of sugar in it but still, I cheated and gave myself he sugar I was trying so very hard to avoid. I'm beginning to wonder if the sugar in the dried fruit is enough to get me going. Hmmm....

One more day. I've already decided to order pizza Saturday.


No comments: