Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First Day of Class

Am fried. Not so much because I couldn't handle the half hour straight of "Guten Morgen's" versus "Guten Tag's" but because:

a) I'm really not used to sitting in class anymore, especially one that starts at 8:30 am and doesn't end until my stomach is screaming at 12:45pm.

b) I am also not used to half a day of class followed by half a day of any kind of work. Today, it was taking care of a baby who wanted no one but his mom. He most definitely did not want me. The wails and subsequent stream of boogers made that pretty clear. Poor guy.

So I guess it was the eight hours of heavy concentration that have led to these weary eyes. Eight hours of trying to understand everything the Frau in front of class was saying plus trying to think of every possible trick I could pull out of my sleeve to make a seven-month-old stop crying. Hence, details on Deutsch class shall have to wait. It is now 8:30 pm and now that my tummy is full, I might just fall asleep sitting up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling, I had the same 4 hours of german class followed by 8-12 hours labour in a warehouse. :)

Rachael said...

Day two and zzzzzzzz...