Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And That's a Whole Lot of People Not Getting Divorced Either!

I will admit it. I have idealistic romantic thoughts of someday finding my soul mate. After putting yet another bouquet of flowers in water, we'd gaze into one another's eyes over cappuccinos in a cozy bohemian, European apartment and live in general martial bliss. Now feel free to stop the hysterical laughter because I'm also not a complete idiot. I'm acquainted with enough married couples who barely even sit down for toast with one another, let alone laze around with frothy, caffeinated beverages to know that marriage is also darn hard work. In fact, it is such hard work that fewer and fewer people are willing to go that route at all. Take the Germans....they seem to be some of the most non-committal folks you'll ever meet.

I guess it's perfect timing for me to be embracing my single status.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

are we? ugh..

Lauralei said...

Did you notice men in the US have fallen behind? They're having a hard time with women being successful and independent. I wonder how long it will take them to catch up and accept it? Romance is better than a marital piece of paper. Live it up!!

Anonymous said...

Your soul mate is waiting around the corner, don't let the skeptics throw steak at you.