Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Nightway Ponders Surgically Removing Own Throat

This will be short and sweet since I feel like death at the moment.

Last month, I wrote a whole post about how I believe in the power of the jinx. WHY then I decided to jinx the **** out of myself by announcing the other day, "I can't believe how healthy I've been these last few months!" is beyond me!

It started last night shortly after a friend and I headed out to the Eastern Comfort Ship's weekly party. Neither one of us felt exceptionally well last night. We both complained of stomach aches but it was not severe enough for us to not get on a boat and have a few drinks for God's sake! However, in the few hours that we were there, I started to lose my voice and she began to get queasier. On the U-Bahn ride home, we sat in silence, both recognizing that we were getting some sort of bug. That became much clearer when as we transferred, she suddenly flew to the wastebasket and heaved into it. Poor thing!

Now today, we are both a mess. She's still dealing with stomach issues and I have a froggy voice, an achy body, the chills, no appetite, and a sore throat that conjures up visions of swallowing shards of glass.

Did I mention that this is my last weekend in Berlin? Yeah, the one that I was hoping to party the hell out of? Wah, wah, wah!!!

Okay, I'm done now. Time to sleep for fourteen more hours.

Ugh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

start drinking heavily. it'll pass before you sober up in 72 hours :D

That Girl said...

I concur - Vodka will kill all those germs. If it makes you feel any better, I also had pain in my abdomen last night. Someone suggested it could've been gas. If gas feels like elastics being stretched and snapped across my innards, then I am a tank of methane. Maybe vodka will help this too.

Rachael said...

Well, my grandfather always said, "All you need is a shot of brandy..." I hear vodka helps, too.