Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And Back to One

No Jack.

And now, no Jack's mom.

It is suddenly very quiet in this flat, just like the beginning of my stay in Berlin. However, unlike before, I am now staring at an empty high chair. I am feeling a strong desire to kiss some soft baby cheeks. I am also missing the fun chats I had at all hours of the day and night with Jack's mom. I always feel, at moments like these, the need for a bit of closure, some sort of farewell, like in your high school yearbook where you hashed out all the fun one last time to mark an end of an era.

Hmmm...let me conjure up seventh hour...Mr. B's physics class, not doing a lick of work but rather writing in my good buddy's yearbook. It would go something like...


HEY, CHICKIE!!!!!

Wow, the time sure has flown by, hasn't it? Can't believe we are almost out of here!! What a crazy time it's been, huh? I gotta say, as much as that whole internet crap got us down, all in all, it's been a pretty great ride. The stress was totally worth it, don't ya think??? Besides, if we hadn't been a little bit stressed, would we really have polished off that bottle of wine and then the rest of the brandy all in one sitting?! Ha, that was nuts! And as if the drinking wasn't fun enough, we sure got our fill of some pretty fantastic eats. Remember those AMAZING cakes from that little bakery down the street? I'm soooooooo going to miss that place!

But I guess now we're on to bigger and brighter things, huh? Or at least that's what they say :) Man, I've got a lot to figure out over the next few months. Then again, there's no huge rush to face the real world, right? We're too young for that. FUN ONLY!

Okay, chickie, I'm taking up too much space here so I'll just say this...congrats on making it through and good luck next year! I know you'll do great!


xo,
Rachael

P.S. I still have your stupid Journey cassette in my car. Get it out before I stomp on it!

1 comment:

Jack's Mom said...

LOL! Never forget the ENDLESS SOUP! "no more chocolate/cheese/bread!!!" Try not to break the bed-- oops too late! Har har. I *heart* DS! Yorckstrasse 4-EVR!!!!! Smootches... Don't stop believin'!!!!! C U in 2010!!! (or earlier)...

Luv ya lots, Sensible Pants!!!!!!!!!!!