Monday, December 14, 2009

"Home" Again...


So I thought I'd be writing you with Baxter the Cat at my side. I guess he's found a new love (i.e. my subletter). As soon as she got home last night, he left the "comfort" of the couch where we had been snuggling and is now apparently sleeping in a real bed with her. Oh, the "other woman." And yes, both are probably still actually sleeping as it is the crack of dawn. I, on the other hand, am jet lagged and anxiety ridden and have been awake since four.

I've already made a "to do" list for the week and it is terribly depressing. It says things like "Fight insurance claim","Replace phone left in Berlin", "Buy shit loads of Christmas presents", and "Figure out how the hell to get to Mom and Dad's from Milwaukee." Not quite the same as "Go to top of Reichstag and check out the view of Berlin."

Did I mention that it is cold and rainy and that it cost me $60 to get home from the airport?

I shouldn't be so hard on NYC. I do love this city. It's just not quite the "welcome home" feeling I had hoped for.

Oh...the sun is coming up. Oh, please tell me there will be sun today...

5 comments:

Jody said...

Welcome back! Although not the homecoming you might have wished for, I hope that we MKE girls can make your homecoming here lots of fun...only one more week! Can't wait to see you and hear all of your stories in peson instead of reading them!!! Love ya!

Rachael said...

Jody, yes, I am very excited to see the Brew City crew! And also very much looking forward to YOUR stories :)

Anonymous said...

PBD: Post-Berlin-Depression. I suffer from this....

Rachael said...

Romankaze,

You are absolutely right! Maybe when I'm in Milwaukee over the next couple of weeks, we can have a beer a commiserate!

Unknown said...

a beer would be lovely.