Friday, October 2, 2009

28 Minutes of Battery Life Remaining...

And my fingers are starting to go a little numb.

Okay, so first things first....today marks my two year anniversary of moving to NYC. Wait, but I'm in Berlin. Anyway...

Yes, Berlin!! Getting here was a breeze. Our flat is great. I am tickled about the Turkish place around the corner that I am patronizing at an alarming rate already.

But the not so great thing is that my internet connection went out within twelve hours of my arrival and now I am trying to find places to get a connection. I am currently sitting under the glass domed courtyard of the Sony Center at Potsdamer Platz. It is quite chilly. Boots, scarf, could really use some gloves. Yes, this feels like Wisconsin all right.

Okay, quick rundown of what I've done so far: tried to converse with about six different dudes at an electronic store while trying to find a European cable for my computer (umm, not so many people speak English here actually), had a beer with an Irishman last night and then walked by the Berliner Dom, a bunch of museums, as well as Humboldt University. Absolutely beautiful at night.

Today, I must do some practical things like buy groceries so I do not continue this diet of falafel sandwiches and muesli. Also, I am going to buy some stuff for the baby so that when they arrive, we are all set to go.

Ahh! Battery quickly dying. More later, I promise. God help me though if I end up at a ****ing Starbucks, lured by the warmness and the internet connection.

P.S. Speaking of anniversaries, happy anniversary, Amy and Scott!

No comments: