Monday, September 13, 2010

Yah, Junior Cooks!

Okay, you all know about my crush on the Nourishing Kitchen of NYC. But I ask you, how can my feelings possibly dissipate when they keep doing such awesome things?

For example, take the Junior Chef Cookbook that they recently released online. This cookbook not only includes an assortment of wonderful, simple recipes, it also includes some really helpful, core nutrition information. For example, what is the food pyramid? What does organic really mean? And what is an appropriate serving size?

Now I realize this is geared toward kids but I've got to admit, I appreciate being refreshed on the definition of a calorie. Plus, I am definitely going to try out some of their recipes, especially that black bean brownie one. My most recent attempt at low-fat brownies was a serious flop, only made edible after a "healthy" slathering of chocolate frosting.

Anyway, I plan on printing this and giving a copy to my niece who adores cooking and baking. Perhaps we'll make those brownies together. I have a feeling that even though they won't be as sugary or rich as the usual ones, there will still be a race to lick the bowl.

No comments: