Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Coffee, Café, Kaffee, Coffee, Café, Kaffee...

I have been saying "coffee" in three languages in my head like some sort of weirdo chant because apparently, I HAVE HAD TOO MUCH OF IT AND IT'S PRACTICALLY ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT!

Wow. Sorry about that.

It's just so odd. Usually, I can drink a pot of the stuff with little to no effects but today after just a few cups this morning and one leftover mug of sludge this afternoon, I'm zinging all over the place. It's been GREAT (!) for my writing but now I'm thinking I might actually need to go for a run so I don't scare my family with my incessant babbling when we meet up for dinner later. (And people, I hate to run).

Since I've gone wayyyy past the point of any sort of adult level of concentration and am instead heading straight to the land of jitters and involuntary leg twitches, I thought perhaps it would be good to revisit the idea of tea. I like tea but I don't drink much of it. But since my mind is on some sort of race track (the internet is really, really bad for me at this moment), it suddenly occurred to me that I've been meaning to research Tulsi tea. Well, according to www.learn-about-tea.com, it is known among many other things "to promote wellness by building the body’s immune system, reducing stress and promoting mental clarity." Hey, I could use some of that!

I guess it shouldn't surprise me with all of its stress reducing properties that it's caffeine free. I am tempted to incorporate a huge frownie into this sentence just to clearly illustrate my feelings about warm beverages that dare to rid themselves of caffeine. I mean, why were mochas even invented? Because hot chocolates are for kids who get to sleep any time they want, that's why!

Anyway, due to my non-stop finger tapping, I was about to concede and order myself some of this mentally clarifying, non-caffeinated exilir that will banish all problems from my life. However, I'm not a fan of buying something online when I'm sure a store in the vicinity is carrying it. But I can't find any links to any tea shops or health food stores that carry it. (Then again, my "research" has lasted a whole three minutes. Did I mention my attention span is a bit limited at the moment?)

So anyway, I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried the grand, life altering Tulsi Tea (also known as "Holy Basil"). If so, please let me know. Thank you!

ZING!

No comments: