Monday, March 22, 2010

Stressed, Tired, Sick...Sick, Tired, Stressed...

And such is life these days.

I got back late last night from a long weekend in Wisconsin. Baxter the Cat is adjusting to his new home. The fam is good. My niece continues to be the cutest being on this planet. I, on the other hand, am a mess. I have sinus pressure that conjures up images of baseball bats to the head every time I lean down to commence any organization of my many "TO GO THROUGH BEFORE BERLIN!" piles.

So I am alive, yes, but as my roommate has pointed out, I sure don't seem to be enjoying it. I am racing around like a mad woman which is not really helping me feel healthy. Or sane. Work, pack, travel, contract illness, continue small amounts of sleep leading to more sickness and less energy to do the now even bigger mass of work. Clearly, not the way of life most people aspire to.

Hence, I am turning the work off right now. I will stare at my piles and refuse to do anything about them. I will also make some tea, veg for the next hour or so and then turn the lights out and fall asleep, listening to the rain pounding on the windows. Now that sounds like some healthy living.

No comments: