Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Heading "Home"?

Not sure what I consider "home" anymore. The north woods of Wisconsin where I grew up? Milwaukee where I spent nearly twelve years? New York City where I started over? Germany where I truly feel my roots?

Well, tomorrow I'm heading to Home #2. That would be Milwaukee. This is the grand trip to deliver Baxter the Cat to his new foster parents. Like a guilt ridden parent, I have found myself spoiling him like crazy the past few days. Ice cream. New mice toys. Cat nip. I even stuffed his little scratching post into my suitcase.

Now with his tummy full and his playtime over (not certain why but the crazy racket in the other room has just suddenly stopped), I'm trying to deal with my upset tummy and sadness over the conclusion of playtime. Luckily though, I have a few days in Wisconsin to get him settled in his new home. I also get to catch up with a few old friends and see my family, too. Yin yang, right? I've definitely had enough yin, that's for sure. Bring on the yang, please.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pets with 4 legs do not work with the "Ryan Jet Set" types like us. Leave it with the foster fam. You won't regret it, and the cat won't either...

Gary