Saturday, January 1, 2011

Woke Up New

Quite frankly, I've got some pretty darn high expectations for 2011. And I don't think I'm the only one. It seemed as though people weren't as excited to ring in the new year as much as they were just excited to get the hell out of the old one. Last night, I met up with several old friends at a few different parties and the reoccurring theme most definitely was, "GOOD RIDDANCE 2010!!"

Wow.

But you know, there are a few things you may or may not know about me:

a) I try to be a positive person.

b) My life is a musical. In my head, that is. There is often some kind of theme song playing in my head to accompany the moment.

and

c) No, I'm not kidding about "b." Just to clarify, I am indeed that nerdy. But this also means that I make some of the best play lists ever. I promise you.

Anyway, it only seems appropriate to showcase the song of the moment on this overcast New Year's day, one of my all time favorites. Besides, this sentiment is a bit more positive than my other favorite by these guys. You know, that whole, "I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me" thing. Anyway...enjoy.

And of course, Happy 2011. It's gonna be a good one, I can feel it.

No comments: