Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Did It!

After six months of living in Germany, I decided it was time to have a proper bratwurst for God's sake. My vegetarian friends are not excited for me, I know. I don't eat meat 95% of the time but the other night when I was at the Cassiopeia bier garten with my dear friend, I couldn't resist the smell of the grill right behind us. Plus, I have been amused for months now by the meat/bread ratio of the bratwurst sandwich here. I was actually surprised by the amount of bread I was given. Typically, it's a tiny bun like a bread roll with the ends of the wurst hanging out on each end. Clearly, the bread is really just a holder for the delectable meat inside.

Anyway, when I sat down with this thing, I said to my friend, "I don't eat meat often and this is a lot. Please have some with me," at which she replied, "Aw, you can do it."

And I sure did.

Wow, was that a delicious wurst. I mean, a girl can really eat so many beans and cheese before she apparently starts to crave a chunk of pig. Oh dear, time to start fresh with those vegetarian ideals.

Next week.

I have only 24 hours left in Berlin. Let's see what else I can demolish. Do not even think about double daring me. I may be small but I sure can put it away.

No comments: