Wednesday, August 5, 2009

So We Don't All Poison Ourselves and Die at Age 42

As I mentioned in a recent post, I'm delighted that more and more people are getting on the "Where the hell is my food coming from?" bandwagon. It's exhausting and expensive to do but when we learn about the grossness that is so neatly packaged in much of what we eat, I think it's well worth it.

But then there's that source of frustration, too...that "What, for God's sake, can I eat anymore?" and I totally hear you. If it's not cancer, mercury, or a frightening level of hormones, it's carbon emissions and animal cruelty that we need to worry about. Hence, I am thrilled anytime a "how to shop" article comes out. Now I realize it's not necessarily fair to post an article that makes reference to local grocers and restaurants but I wanted to share it because it's still chock full of good, consumer conscientious advice. And you all know how much I love that!

Damn, I love New York Magazine with its pretty front cover font and awesome articles. And these folks just got awesomer with this article, "Eat Good". Check it out. I'm gonna check out the shade-grown chocolate at the Brklyn Larder and report back. (All in the name of research, of course!)

No comments: