Saturday, August 8, 2009

Spain Remains in my Veins (and Not Just in the Plains)

Although I love rich, buttery anything, I maintain a pretty darn healthy, mostly vegetarian diet. (Okay, there's the occasional butter burger/fries/chocolate malt extravaganza but damn, what's life without doing that once in a while?)

Although I do try to eat a lot of fruits and veggies, I detest making traditional salads. For some reason, they just never turn out all that good or interesting. I've found, though, that the less traditional (read: no greens), the better I seem to do. While paging through one of my fave magazines, I found this awesome gazpacho salad recipe. It is super quick, totally healty, and pretty great for those hot summer days when even turning on the microwave seems to be labor intensive.

Although not all are as healthy as this one, I'd highly recommend checking out the recipes at the Real Simple website on a regular basis. (P.S. They list awesome comfort food come the winter months!) With an impressive variety of dinner ideas, they tend to cater to the family on the go, offering many modifications to hasten preparation. Also works for a lazy singleton like me. Speaking of lazy, after chopping up all those veggies, I think it's time for a siesta.

Hasta luego, amigos...

No comments: