Sunday, March 18, 2012

Turn. It. Up.

I'm not usually a Braggy McBragster type but I've been known to brag my face off when it comes to a good playlist. I can't help it. Some of you have unknowingly encouraged me. Anyway, considering that we are in the midst of some beautiful spring weather here in 'sconsin, this can only mean one thing for me: The Rolling Stones, Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams among many, many others to be played really, really loudly in the car, at home, wherever. Yes, indeed, it's time to get the Sunny Day/Road Tripping/Cleaning the House with the Windows Open/Baking a Vegan Pie (yeah, maybe not so much that last one but that's what I happen to be doing at the moment) playlist going. I thought I would share the abbreviated version:

Street Fighting Man - The Rolling Stones
Feel Alright - Steve Earle
Blue Sky - The Allman Brothers Band (I know, I can't believe I've got them listed either but I do like this one.)
Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival
My Sharona - The Knack
Metal Firecracker - Lucinda Williams
Little Plastic Castle - Ani DiFranco
The Littlest Birds - The Be Good Tanyas
I know What I Know - Paul Simon
Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
Paperback Writer - The Beatles
Hesitating Beauty - Billy Bragg & Wilco
Mr. Music - Dave Moore
History of Lovers - Iron & Wine
Twice as Hard - The Black Crowes
Stickshifts and Safety Belts - Cake
Little White Dove - Jess Klein
Jackson - Johnny Cash/June Carter Cash
A Little Bit Lonesome - Kasey Chambers
The Ballad of John and Yoko - The Beatles
Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
Sick of Myself - Matthew Sweet
Nobody's Baby - Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
Gotta Be Better - Shelby Lynn
Here Comes My Baby - Cat Stevens
Beautiful Day - Chris Isaak

Now go dance your heinies off. Or eat pie with me. I promise you it will be good.


No comments: