Sunday, October 23, 2011

Send Me to Denmark Please

I've been arguing with some people for years about what I think can be a very real relationship between one's physical environment and one's happiness. Well, really, there's one person in particular I've been yelling at for some time about this. (You know who are you.) He thought all my moving around was a bit silly, that it didn't matter where I lived, that there was something within me that needed to be ironed out and that until that happened, I'd never find any peace. I never disagreed that I had stuff to deal with (who doesn't?) but I also knew that certain environments just did not feel right to me and that I needed to be in a place that felt stimulating, alive, and loving. Yes, loving, whether that meant being in close proximity to the people I care for most deeply or living in a community that seemed to genuinely care not only for me but my neighbor, too.

So then can I tell you how excited I am to hear about this book? Thank you, Mr. Buettner for making me feel a little less crazy about my position and for letting that friend of mine know that he's just, well, wrong. Heh heh...

No comments: