Monday, October 17, 2011

Apples, the Evil Food

I try to be very respectful of everyone's independence and choices in life. However, I, too, NPR often wonder whose choice it should be to eat healthy. My instant reaction to that question in your article was, don't you dare try to tell me what to put in my body! But study after study shows that the obesity epidemic in the U.S. is driving up health care costs astronomically. (Guess who's paying for the uninsured person who ends up in the ER due to a diet induced heart attack?)

And now, if I may, I'm going to vent a bit.

Is it just me or is Ms. Coleman's comment absolutely infuriating? Who on earth is complaining about apple slices? And what exactly is the message here? That if your children are "picky" eaters, let them eat all the french fries they want? Come on now, Ms. Coleman. You're not doing your boys any favors. And I doubt you are helping out the rest of us down the road either.

Maybe try a pear instead?

No comments: