Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hot Damn, Do I Love the Internet!

I've had a hair dryer in the trunk of my car for about six months now. Of course, I keep forgetting about it until I do some massive Target run and then as I'm throwing all my crap into the back, I scream to myself, "For the love of God, just DEAL with this!"

So I don't normally play taxi for my small electronic friends. After having my super handy, engineer/carpenter/electrician father look at it and deem it dead, I've been trying to figure out where I can recycle the darn thing. I refuse to put anything electronic into my regular garbage. After watching No Impact Man months ago, I still feel immense guilt for the teeny bag of trash that leaves my house every week.

But anyway, I was just hopping around some of my favorite eco websites and look what happens when you jump on earth911.org. You're instantly greeted by a "Find Recycling Center For..." tab! I almost smooched my screen. (I have the feeling that the folks in this coffee shop wouldn't even notice either). Unfortunately, my friends at www.earth911.org didn't have an exact match for my hair dryer situation but they kindly offered me other possible solutions which I play to explore.

Oh, internet, how I love thee.

No comments: