Monday, June 15, 2009

GoodSearch is darn good stuff!

I, like many others, am addicted to the google.  Like a good boyfriend, Google is always there for me to try to solve my problems and assuage my fears. So I completely understand the lack of desire to distance oneself from the oh-so-dear search engine. But for a moment, un-google yourself from its sticky tentacles and instead check out GoodSearch. Although I don't know about their holier-than-thou branding (am I going to sprout wings if I utilize them?), I'm a fan of what they do so really, who cares if I feel like some unworthy heathen every time I see that golden halo?

Anyway, here's the deal.  You get to pick a charity and then every time you search through them, Goodsearch will donate to said charity.  According to their FAQ's section, Goodsearch donates 50% of its revenue to charities that users choose. How awesome is that? And considering that I spend an embarrassing amount of time searching for information, like what's going on with Iran's elections  (all right, all right, I mean where I can find a good deal on black Mary Janes), I feel pretty good making the switch.  Oh, and don't forget to check out GoodShop where you can find deals with giant retailers like Apple and Amazon. And they'll donate 3-20% to your designated charity if you buy there. Yipee! Hey, it *does* feel good to search, doesn't it?

Oh my, maybe I *am* worthy of the halo!


No comments: