Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's Been Fun


But all good things must come to an end, right?  

So before I go into another long, wordy post, I will keep this (relatively) short and sweet. I think the Night Way needs to take a rest.  

There's a whole lot going on in this big, sometimes bad, sometimes beautiful world which has spurred me to share all sorts of thoughts throughout the past few years. I've enjoyed the platform and I've very much appreciated the conversations. Yet as fun as it is to write about these moments, it can also take away from my time of fully experiencing them.  It's good to be thoughtful and introspective but it's also important to get out of our heads sometimes. To just feel. To be.  Lord knows the internet alone can sure make that difficult.  Sometimes I get so caught up in reading everything to "know what's going on in the world" that I'm distracted from what's really going on in my world.

So it's time for me to unplug. Maybe not for forever. Maybe for just enough time to smell those roses that are starting to pop up. Or to be fully present to enjoy those people who surround me. Or to just sit back and breathe deeply.  Whatever it may be, I am ready.

P.S. Happy, happy Earth Day!

No comments: